Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pumpkin carving~










Visited the pumpkin patch this week...a little early for us, but Kevin left today for California till the 23rd, and the kids were anxious to get their pumpkins! It was a muddy mess at the patch we went too, but that didn't damper anyones spirit's! We must be used to the mud!!

This was the first year Jaycee carved and cleaned a whole pumpkin by herself...usually end up helping her with hers, she was excited! Tanner and Kev shared a pumpkin this year, and they got a huge one! So Tanner said Kev could carve it out... and he did.

So Tanner's favorite part was digging through the goop to get the seeds out so we could bake them....which we did....and they were delicious this year!!! I wasn't too excited, because last year they were so dull and tough. Realized that we didn't dry them completely before baking....then I added seasoning salt this year along with the salt and oil. When they first came out of the oven, they tasted like hot buttered popcorn...mmmmm, so good!!

While sitting through appts this last month, I found the pumpkin I wanted to do.

I took round garage sale stickers and placed them on my cream pumpkin and painted it black...so I have my polka-dot pumpkin!! I love it!! Should have taken off the stickers while the paint was wet I found...but still had fun! Tanner helped me paint!

Shaylin wanted to paint hers as well....brought back some of her art days I think, she enjoys the painting process!!

Next we need to make Halloween sugar cookies!!! Love those things!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww!
looks like you guys had a blast painting and carving pumpkins!
i am hoping to go to the patch on sunday afternoon.
you look fabulous debbie!