Monday, August 27, 2007

Sunny Longbeach?






























So this weekend was the Kite Fest in Longbeach....knowing that we were going to the Washington coast...we heard there may be a few showers....but we didn't really believe that it would rain. We had maybe an hour and a half of picture taking weather on Saturday...so I didn't waste any time! It was overcast...but not really cold. When this local lady came to tell us that it was only going to get worse from here on out...we started packing it up.....and by the time we walked through town to our motorhome...we were drenched!!! Oh the memories we made!! The kids were such troopers, and walked the whole way while packing stuff back as well! Tanner and Jaycee and Kev did try their luck at Skim Boarding...so fun to watch! I'd kill myself...but I love to watch them try new things!! I did get my huge bag of carmel popcorn to munch on the way home, so luckily it was all wrapped up in a plastic bag...mmmm just finished it today...mmmmm...love that stuff!!

Luckily...we decided to skip Longbeach with the rest of the bunch on Sunday...and head to the Oregon Coast and visit Seaside......GREAT idea...it was beautiful and SUNNY....hooray!!! So of course I was able to soak in some sun and enjoy the beach!! I always love Seaside..one of my favorite beaches to hang out at!

Poor little Tanner was allergic to something at the KOA...because Sunday morning he started getting hives and breaking out all over the tops of his feet...about 30 min later...we noticed hives on his arms...face...and hands as well....so the cream we were putting on him....really helped, but we had to get some Benadryl in him.....after about an hour or so...the hives were all gone, and we have NO idea what made him break out in such horrible hives.....so sad. But Tanner loves to be sick...he gets all the popscicles he wants...and luckily I visited the ice-cream freezer before our trip...we had plenty in our motorhome freezer!! So he had to stay out of the sun, but had fun with Dad at the arcades!!
One week left of summer...and so glad it is going to be in the 80's for us!! We are going to a waterpark on Weds....and tommorrow the kids will find out who their teachers are going to be....just a little anxious!!! I think I am more worried!! Pray for good teachers this year!!

We have had a great summer, and I am really sad to see it end...although I am ready for the
TV to be off during the day, and get back to routines and get some filing done and dive into my scrapbooking a little more as well!!!

No comments: