So I should probably explain...the second day we were quading at Beverly. Kev, Jaycee, Tan and I went out to the dunes for some trailin' adventures...and to check out the hills. So I was minding my own business going down a hill....went to grab the clutch to shift and accidentely grabbed the brake...well....that wasn't such a great idea!!! My quad bucked me off over the handlebars (thus explaining the frequent flyer miles..on my quad!!)...then the quad proceeded to flip over right on top of me!!!! Dummest thing I think I have ever done!! I just lay there...helpless....knocked the breath out of me....Jaycee comes running over...(thankfully) noticing that I wasn't behind her and turned around.....scared that I was dead!!! I was a little shook up....then I just laughed SO hard and continued to ride.......needless to say, I'm not 18 anymore, and I'm feeling the pain today!! Nothing a little Aleve won't handle!!! SO thankful for helmets and that our Family stays together when riding!!! Never before in 5 years of riding have I done anything that stupid before!!! Dang~not too smart I'd have to say!!

Tan and Kevin on their quads~

Tanner handles his quad so good!!!

Jaycee stirring up some dust!!

Tanner sure looks the part when he has all his riding gear on!!!
Loves this place...and he LOVES doing donuts on his quad!!!

Had this brilliant idea to make a dutch oven apple caramel cobbler while we were camping this weekend... and it turned out fabulous!!! The ice-cream added the touch we needed~Yep...I peeled and sliced 10 granny smith apples...heres the proof!!

Can't forget the bottle of caramel!!

Tanner dumps the caramel over the top..next is the strussel topping...mmmm, then on the coals it goes.....an hour later we have piping hot...yummy cobbler!! It was a hit! We had such a great time!!!
This is the first year both the kids were able to keep up with Kev and I quading!!! It is so nice to be able to go together as a Family and have everyone know how to start and park their own quads....Jaycee got paddle tires on her quad this year (which helps climb the hills) Tanners are on order...he got stuck a couple of times...so they would help him too!! They could have stayed here all week and not tire of riding around the dunes...it was a beautiful 2 days to play and be with friends!! Cards at night with all the munchies....so fun!!! Just the taste of summer we needed!!
And for those of you who follow my blog....our washer is fixed...had something stuck in the pump...so it couldn't drain...$137.00 later....it works.....maybe you should ask Shaylin what he found in the pump!!! Next time she pays the bill!!! Gotta love our Children!!!
3 comments:
YUMMY! The apple stuff looks tasty! As for the accident!! MERCY! I hope you get feeling better.. that's crazy!
what was stuck? you got us wondering.......... glad your ok after your fall, that scared me to read it, I had to tell myself you were writing it after so you must be fine!
We need you here in Utah so that we can do all the outdoor stuff together. So fun. You guys truely will be 18 as long as you live!
Jules
Post a Comment